BCTC Student Housing
In order to receive a housing assignment, a BCTC student must:
- Provide proof of full-time enrollment at a Cooper, Leestown, Newtown, or Winchester BCTC campus. For the 2023-2024 academic year, full-time enrollment means you are enrolled in 12 or more hours with 50% of your classes on-site. Students may be enrolled in either a 16-Week session, 12-Week session or a 1st 8-Week and 2nd 8-Week session.
- Email proof of full-time enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, July 16.
- Be in good standing (both academic and financial) with the University of Kentucky and Bluegrass Community and Technical College in order to receive a room assignment.
Applying for Housing at the University of Kentucky is an online process that requires UK linkblue credentials. BCTC students who want to apply for housing at UK should follow the steps below. If the BCTC student already has UK linkblue credentials, please proceed to step four.
- Request a BCTC linkblue account.
- A student’s information will be reviewed by the Campus Housing Office and then sent to UKIT. In one to seven business days, the student should receive an email from the UK Campus Housing that contains student’s linkblue ID and eight-digit UKID number.
- Follow the instructions in the email to activate student’s account.
- After activating student’s account visit myuk.uky.edu, and login using the student’s new credentials.
- Select the Campus Housing link on the Student Services -> myInfo tab.
- It will take up to 20 seconds for a student’s credentials to be passed to the Campus Housing Portal.
- Select the Undergraduate Application tab on the blue bar.
- Select the Application which student is applying for, and then select Continue.
- Follow the steps to complete student’s Housing and Dining Application.
Can a BCTC student live with a UK student?
Yes, if you would like to live with a UK student, please email your roommate request to UK Campus Housing at email@example.com. We will need the UK student’s first and last name and UKID#. UK Campus Housing will send your housing assignment once you provide documentation from BCTC of your full-time enrollment (12 or more hours with 50% of classes on-site) at the Cooper, Leestown, Newtown, or Winchester Campus by July 16, 2023.
BCTC students will be charged a daily rate for each night they are on campus prior to the official University of Kentucky Move-In Date. This fee will be added to the student’s account, and the student will be able to pay it online or at Student Account Services. The student will not be able to prepay this fee.
If the student becomes enrolled at UK during this contract period, the student must contact UK Campus Housing to switch their enrollment status.
Students living in Campus Housing are required to have a dining plan. If a plan is not chosen by 11:59 p.m. on July 16, the All Access White meal plan will be automatically added to your account. Please visit UK Dining to review resident meal plan options.
There are additional mandatory fees that BCTC students are responsible for paying. Each semester these additional fees are assessed to the student’s myUK account. These mandatory fees allow students access to all on campus amenities.