Skip to main
Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

Does my student need to move out during breaks (Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break)?

Most residence halls will be closed during scheduled school breaks; however, your student does not need to fully move out. Students can pack whatever belongings they will need during the scheduled breaks to take home, such as clothes, toiletries, etc.

Certain residence halls remain open during breaks (Winter and Spring Breaks). If your student requires living arrangements during these break periods, please have them select a hall that remains open during the break. Click here to view more information about hall closing and opening dates.

I want to send my student a letter or package in the mail. What is the address?

Your student's residence hall address can be found on each residence hall's page on the UK Campus Housing site. In the top menu bar, click here to be taken to a page that lists all of the residence halls on campus. Choose the residence hall that applies to your student to be taken to that hall's page. The mailing address can be found under Hall Information.

Where will students pick up their mail/packages?

Students can typically pick up their mail in their residence hall, either at the front desk if they are receiving a package or at their assigned mailbox. Your student will receive a mailbox key during move in. If students wish to return their mail or packages, they can do so at USPS located on campus in 21A Whitehall Classroom Building (basement of Whitehall).

Can students easily print documents or papers in their residence hall?

Yes! Each residence hall is equipped with a printer located on the first floor.

My student has a younger sibling who wants to visit/stay overnight. What do I need to do?

Visitation by minors (who are not UK students) between ages 8 and 17 is generally not permitted in the residence halls. The Office of Residence Life will, however, accept requests for temporary exception to the policy based on parental consent and approval of the residence hall staff.

Parents or legal guardians may request a temporary exception to this policy for a specific period of time by completing the online request form below at least 72 hours prior to date of visit.

What should students do if they have a conflict with their roommate(s)?

We want your student to have a positive experience while living on campus.  Please review information on roommate agreements and resources here.

What should students do if they have a maintenance need in their room?

If your student needs an item fixed in their room, they should submit an electronic job order or call the 24/7 Call Center at 859-32FIXIT or (859) 323-4948 and select option 1. All non-emergency maintenance requests will be handled Monday-Friday during regular business hours. Maintenance personnel will be dispatched as quickly as possible in response to emergency situations.