Ingels Hall opened on UK’s campus in 2005 and is named after Margaret Ingels, the first woman in the United States to earn a graduate degree in mechanical engineering. Her early research at UK and her other posts, including Carrier Co., pioneered efforts in air conditioning.
Address & Policies
- Area of Campus: Central Campus
- Visitation Policy: 24/7
- Capacity: 174 Residents, 3 Floors
This hall is not open during breaks.
705 Sports Center Drive
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40526-0567
- 24/7 staffed front desk
- Twin extra-long beds (78" x 36" x 7"), multi-density polyurethane foam mattress, extra firm on one side and plush firm on the other side for user comfort.
- Fully furnished rooms with moveable furniture: 4-drawer dresser, desk, desk chair, shelves, and a wardrobe (with 2 drawers) for each student.
- Carpeting in bedrooms
- High-speed wired and wireless internet access
- Digital cable
- Study areas on each floor
- Laundry room on each floor ($1.50 to wash & $1.50 to dry)
- Kitchen on each floor
- Multi-purpose room on each floor
- Bike parking
- Refrigerator and microwave combination provided
Ingels Hall is located in Central Campus and is near The 90, William T. Young Library, the Johnson Center and many athletic facilities.
Semi-private bedroom, semi-private bathroom.
Twin-size XL beds.
Located in Baldwin, Ingels, Smith and Roselle Halls.