Lyman T. Johnson
Opened in 2013, Lyman T. Johnson Hall was named after Lyman T. Johnson, the first African American student to attend the University of Kentucky.
Lyman T. Johnson Hall houses the Community of Scholars.
Address & Policies
- Area of Campus: Central Campus
- Visitation Policy: 24/7
- Capacity: 301 Residents, 4 Floors
This hall is not open during breaks.
340 Hilltop Ave.
[room number] Johnson Hall
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40526-0079
- 24/7 staffed front desk
- Twin extra-long (78" x 36" x 7") Tempur-Pedic® mattress
- Fully furnished bedroom with moveable furniture: Two stackable 2-drawer dressers, desk, desk chair, and closet for each student
- Carpeting in bedrooms
- High-speed wired and wireless internet access
- Digital cable
- Recreation room
- Community kitchen
- 2 study rooms per floor
- Laundry room ($1.50 to wash & $1.50 to dry)
- Covered bike parking
- Refrigerator and microwave combination provided
Lyman T. Johnson Hall is located in Central Campus and is near The 90, William T. Young Library, the Johnson Center and many athletic facilities.
Semi-private bedroom, semi-private bathroom
Twin-size XL beds
Located in Donovan Hall and Johnson Hall