Room selection update for Fall 2023 Email communication sent on May 31, 2023 to students participating in room selection after June 1
We hope your summer is off to a great start and that you are looking forward to your University of Kentucky experience. In this email you will find information about reserving your room for Fall 2023.
Room Selection emails containing your assigned time slot will begin being sent on June 1. Depending on your UK admissions track and when you completed your housing application, you will receive an email with the date and time in which your room selection time frame opens and closes. A few things:
- Your time frame for Room Selection is based on your UK admissions track and when your housing application was completed — those who completed earlier will receive earlier time slot selections.
- You will have 48 hours to make your selection. After 48 hours, if you have not made a selection, your options will no longer be available. Your room will be manually assigned at a later date by our housing assignments office as space becomes available.
- The information will be sent to your UKY email and your personal email accounts. Please check both.
Please know that there is significant interest among students this year to live on campus and we are working hard to accommodate that demand.
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR ROOM SELECTION
- Learn how to access your UKY email account if you do not already know how to do so.
- Visit go.uky.edu/m365 and log in with your firstname.lastname@example.org (for example, email@example.com). You'll be redirected to UK's linkblue single sign-on screen, just as if you were logging into myUK. If you need to reset your password or update your email settings, visit ukam.uky.edu.
- If you need help logging in, check out this article with screenshots or contact UK ITS at 859-218-4357.
- Check your UKY email and personal email accounts frequently over the next two weeks.
- Familiarize yourself with UK's campus regions, residence halls and room types by reviewing the Wildcat Living website. Campus Housing is offering a new room option for the 2023-2024 academic year called TRI-IT in which our two-bedroom suite is reconfigured to house three students at a deeply discounted rate. Visit go.uky.edu/TRI-IT to learn more about the three-person modified two-bedroom suite.
- Visit the Room Selection page on the Wildcat Living website to view step-by-step instructions and videos about participating in Room Selection.
- If you have a preferred roommate or roommates, make sure your roommate group is created and verified in the Roommate Requests section of your housing application prior to participating in Room Selection.
- Once you have been notified of your Room Selection time slot, we recommend making plans to log into myUK to select your room as soon as your window opens.
The deadline for new students to cancel their housing applications without incurring cancellation fees is typically June 1, but we have extended the cancellation window to July 1. After July 1, 2023, new students who cancel their applications will incur a $250 penalty fee which will increase on July 16 to 30% of the lowest housing rate for both the fall and spring semesters. All other cancellation windows reflect the schedule as outlined in the 2023-2024 UK Campus Housing contract.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to UK Campus Housing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 859-257-1866.
Time is flying by and we are excitedly preparing for your arrival on campus this fall. Have a wonderful summer break!
UK Campus Housing
160 Avenue of Champions, Ste. A382
Lexington, KY 40526