Opened in 2015, Ball Hall is centrally located on the site of Cooperstown (originally Cooper Village) which was named for Thomas P. Cooper, a former dean of the UK College of Agriculture. Cooper Village originated in 1945 as a “G.I. City” consisting of 324 prefabricated housing units for married veterans. The prefabricated units were eventually removed and replaced in 1956 by seven graduate and family apartment buildings.
Address & Policies
- Area of Campus: Central Campus
- Visitation Policy: 24/7
- Capacity: 409 Residents, 4 Floors
This hall is not open during breaks.
650 Woodland Ave.
[room number] Ball Hall
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40526-0120
- 24/7 staffed front desk
- Full extra-long (80" x 52" x 8.5") Tempur-Pedic® mattress
- Fully furnished bedroom with moveable furniture: 4-drawer dresser, desk, desk chair, and built-in closet for each student
- Granite countertops
- Carpeting in bedrooms
- High-speed wired and wireless internet access
- Digital cable
- Study rooms on each floor
- Recreation room
- Community kitchen
- Laundry facilities ($1.50 to wash & $1.50 to dry)
- Covered bike parking
- Refrigerator and microwave combination provided
Ball Hall is located in Central Campus and is near The 90, William T. Young Library, the Johnson Center and many athletic facilities.
Individual bedroom, semi-private bathroom, granite countertops.
Full-size XL beds.