Opened in 2005, Smith Hall is named after John T. Smith, the first African American to earn a doctor of philosophy degree from the University of Kentucky. After earning his Ph.D. in education in 1961, Smith became the first African American to serve as a vice president in a UK administration.
Address & Policies
- Area of Campus: Central Campus
- Visitation Policy: 24/7
- Capacity: 181 Residents, 3 Floors
Smith Hall is open during breaks.
740 Woodland Ave.
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40526-0565
- 24/7 staffed front desk
- Twin extra-long beds (78" x 36" x 7"), multi-density polyurethane foam mattress, extra firm on one side and plush firm on the other side for user comfort.
- Fully furnished rooms with moveable furniture: 3-drawer dresser, desk, desk chair, and a wardrobe (with 2 drawers) for each student.
- Carpeting in bedrooms
- High-speed wired and wireless Internet access
- Digital cable
- Study areas on each floor
- Laundry room on each floor ($1.50 to wash & $1.50 to dry)
- Kitchen on each floor
- Multi-purpose room on each floor
- Bike parking
- Refrigerator and microwave combination provided
Smith Hall is located in Central Campus and is near The 90, William T. Young Library, the Johnson Center and many athletic facilities.
Semi-private bedroom, semi-private bathroom.
Twin-size XL beds.
Located in Baldwin, Ingels, Smith and Roselle Halls.
* Housing rates currently listed reflect the Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 room rates and are subject to change pending review and approval by the UK Board of Trustees.